Reference code 00008799
Power your life
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to a more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
Transport and Handling Solutions is Vestas’ technological centre of competence within Transport, Installation and Service of wind turbines. We define and develop work processes and associated special tools to enable our end-users to execute their work in a safe, legal compliant and the most cost effective way. We are involved in new turbine development and upgrade projects at an early stage to ensure that the turbines are designed optimally for being transportable, installable and serviceable.
Transport and Handling Solutions is currently located in Denmark, India and Colorado, USA. Your primary work location will be Videbaek or Aarhus, DK.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Concept development of transport solutions and tools and optimization of same in cooperation with all stakeholders
· Influence on wind turbine design to ensure the turbines can be handled and transported
· Networking in transport industry to influence development of new transport equipment and to monitor new equipment on market
· Preparation of requirement specifications, DFMEAs and performing risk assessments on transport solutions
· Preparation and conduction of process verification including facilitating build and test of prototype
· Clarification of global legal compliance and IPR
· Obtain and maintain key knowledge within handling and transport of large and heavy components
· Support development of installation and service concepts
· People development and guidance within your speciality
Qualifications and Work Experience
The ideal candidate holds a Mechanical Engineering Degree, M.Sc. Or B.Sc. preferably complemented by a background as mechanic, craftsman or similar – and Six Sigma training (IDOV) is an advantage
Furthermore you meet the following criteria:
· Through your career you have gained keen knowledge within transport and handling of large components on road, rail and sea
· You are proactive, persistent and result-oriented and carry out assignments in a systematic and structured manner
· You are analytically strong and have highly developed skills in communicating based on facts
· You have a practical mindset and are able to comply with the perspective of the end user
· You thrive on taking the lead and guide others
· Experience as shipping agent or logistics manager would be an advantage
· Field experience as service technician, craftsman, fitter, truck or crane driver or similar would be an advantage
· You have excellent English skills, both verbal and in writing as you will be working both with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders in a global multicultural environment
What we offer
We offer you a challenging and demanding job with good professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at the world’s leading manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a still growing department with a strong technical commitment and a constant endeavour for improvement of quality in our products and internal business processes.
Travel activities both within Denmark and abroad must be expected. Some flexibility in work hours is required as we often have early and late meetings with our colleagues in India and Colorado US.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, please contact Manager Ida Rasmussen at +45 5139 3727. If you have questions about the recruiting process please contact Recruiter Marianne Krautwald +45 2256 7439.
Please send your application by clicking “Apply” on the top of this page.
As soon as possible – All applications for this position will be handled continuously.