Disclaimer: I am good at maths, fine with algebra and derivations, I just forget the formulae and units, especially when I haven’t practiced things a lot, such as this topic (other subjects getting in the way…)
The variables I am given are d = 8cm cm, and V = 200 V, m = 2.86E-16. I have access to the mass and charge of an electron/ proton.
Here are the ten questions I need to be able to answer:
- Gravitational force on the particle
- Electrical force on the particle
- Electric field strength between… fans?
- The charge of the object
- Number of excess proton particles
- [b]Power difference – changed to 201V:[b] The new field strength
- The new electric force
- The net force
- The acceleration
- The time it will take from…
2. Relevant equations
* The equations of motion.
* Electrostatic equations, such as E = V / d, E = F / q, V = w / q, Work done = Fd = qV = qED.
3. My attempt at a solution
My apolegies, I was confused about numerous things, some are solved now, but I haven’t done much since I started, but I still don’t understand what other proton particles are being referred to.