Reference code 00008958
Power your life
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
Technology RD has a central position in Vestas Wind Systems A/S, where the stakeholders are management on all levels of the company, and where the participants are located across Technology RD worldwide. Vestas Technology RD is where new product ideas and technologies are matured, developed, tested and improved.
To put it short; Vestas Technology RD is the cornerstone of Vestas and we are shaping the future of modern energy. Our managers are the anchormen securing that Vestas Wind Systems A/S will succeed in developing our well known products in the future.
Plant Operations are an organisation in Technology RD and has full responsibility for the growing fleet of Vestas’ wind turbines globally. The Continuous Improvement Management (CIM) group is part of Plant Operations and supports the fleet with RD technical solutions for customers in accordance with our aftermarket strategy. CIM is responsible for optimizing turbine fleet performance by capturing and implementing performance improvements. CIM manages the root cause investigation, solution development and implementation phases of the process.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The detailed responsibilities of the planner are:
· Work within a matrix-based continuous improvement organization.
· Work on multiple CIM project teams consisting of internal and external engineering resources, resources from Sales Business Units (SBU) and Production Business Units (PBU) or external partners.
· Function as technical lead for CIM projects according to company procedures and guidelines
· Serve as a technical resource for CIM project managers
· Perform root cause analysis for CIM projects
· Develop technical solutions for CIM projects
· Formulate designed experiments (DOE) and test plans. Collect and analyze test results.
· Analyze field performance data, vendor data, drawings, and technical specifications
Lead efforts to summarize, tabulate and archive reference engineering documentation including CAD models, drawings, technical specifications, calculations etc.
Qualifications and Work Experience
• M. Sc. or B. Sc.Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with hydraulic systems/pitch systems preferable.
• 5 year + experience within the wind power business or similar.
• Good communication skills as you will be working both with
internal and external colleagues and partners in a global
• You are pro-active and analytical
• Knowledge about or willing to learn Six Sigma since we use
Six Sigma tools in our daily work
• You are customer oriented and have the ability to understand
the business value chain seen from a service and customer
• High level of flexibility and change readiness.
• Confidence, inspiring and with a good sense of humor.
• Good communication and networking skills in both Danish and
• Understanding the complex environment in a multi-national
What we offer
We offer you a challenging and demanding job with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at the world’s leading manufacturer of wind turbines.
Primary work location: Aarhus or Ringkøbing, Denmark.
For additional information about the position please contact Keld Henningsen, Manager CIM Mechanical Systems +45 9730 1443.
Applications will be evaluated continuously and the position will be closed when we have the right candidate.