GE Bently Nevada is a leading global supplier of products and services for assessing and ensuring the mechanical and thermodynamic health of industrial equipment. The company maintains nearly 100 offices in the principal industrial centres of 43 countries, serving a broad base of more than 25,000 customers in the power generation, petrochemical, and numerous other industries. Bently Nevada is part of the Measurement Control Solutions, a GE Energy business.
- Diagnosing machinery problems based upon: vibration data, operational data, and customer communications.
- Reacting to customer required travel in a timely manner, while bringing all required diagnostic equipment.
- Complete Documentation of findings/recommendations.
- Professional communications with customer and other team members
- Determine and Direct placement of Balance weights.
- Perform Asset Management Studies.
- Prepare timely Work Order requests, Quick Quotes and Invoicing packages.
- Assessment of job site Safety.
- Understand TC commitments.
- Install transducers and configure monitoring systems.
- Alignment – Reverse Dial, Laser, Optical Methodologies.
- College degree is required. A BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is desirable.
- Demonstrate authority and assurance dealing with people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
- Ability to work under stressful working conditions.
- Project Management Skills.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
- Mechanical trouble shooting skills. “Hands-on approach”.
- Available for extensive travel, up to 70%, and significant over-time.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand mechanical prints.
- Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems.
- Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems.
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services.
- Experience of vibration analysis or industry (energy and/or oil gas).
- Basic familiarity with computer network systems.
- Black Belt or Green Belt Certified (GE Employees only).
- Membership in a technical society.