Reference code 00008798
Power your life
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to a more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
Transport and Handling Solutions is Vestas’ technological centre of competence within Transport, Installation and Service of wind turbines. We define and develop work processes and associated special tools to enable our end-users to execute their work in a safe, legal compliant and the most cost effective way. We are involved in new turbine development and upgrade projects at an early stage to ensure that the turbines are designed optimally for being transportable, installable and serviceable.
The Conceptual Design Department within Transport and Handling Solutions is responsible for concept development of tools for transport, installation and service of turbine components. Furthermore the engineers within the group clarify and specify tasks for final design in our Design Department in India.
Transport and Handling Solutions is currently located in Denmark, India and Colorado US. Your primary work location will be Videbaek or Aarhus, DK.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· Concept development and optimization in cooperation with all stakeholders
· Preparation of design requirement specifications
· Performing DFMEAs and risk assessment on work processes and tools
· Specify tasks for design engineers
· Preparation and conduction of design verification including facilitating build and test of prototype
· Clarification of legal compliance and IPR
Qualifications and Work Experience
The ideal candidate holds a Mechanical Engineering Degree, M.Sc. or B.Sc. and at least 6 years design experience from the mechanical production industry preferably complemented by a background as mechanic, craftsman or similar – and Six Sigma training (IDOV) is an advantage.
Furthermore, you meet the following criteria:
· You are an high experienced mechanical engineer with commitment to improvement and provides high-quality services
· You have a long experience with 3D CAD design and Finite Element Analysis (Preferred Pro Engineer and Ansys)
· You have a good knowledge of manufacturing processes and material science
· You are proactive, persistent and result-oriented and carry out assignments in a systematic and structured manner
· You are analytically strong and have highly developed skills in communicating based on facts
· You have a practical mindset and are able to comply with the perspective of the end user
· You thrive on taking the lead and guide others
· You are able to work independently completing tasks with minimal supervision
· You have excellent English skills, both verbal and in writing as you will be working both with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders in a global multicultural environment
What we offer
We offer you a challenging and demanding job with good professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at the world’s leading manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a still growing department with a strong technical commitment and a constant endeavour for improvement of quality in our products and internal business processes.
Travel activities both within Denmark and abroad must be expected. Some flexibility in work hours is required as we often have early and late meetings with our colleagues in India and Colorado US.
If you have specific questions regarding the position, please contact Manager Ida Rasmussen at +45 5139 3727. If you have questions about the recruiting process please contact Recruiter Marianne Krautwald +45 2256 7439.
Please send your application and CV by clicking “Apply” on the top of this page.
As soon as possible – all applications for this position will be handled as received.