I need to know how to solve these 4 basic questions.
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
1. A feather is pulled out 4 cm if you hang 50 grams in it. If the spring is then loaded with a total of 150 grams and can pivot up and down the harmonic motion, which is the period?
2. A mass of 0.5 kg undergoing harmonic motion with a frequency of 2 Hz and an amplitude of 8mm. calculate:
a maximum speed of the Mass
b Maximum Acceleration of the mass
c The maximum force of the mass
3. A machine produces a certain distance of the sound level 87 decibels, how big would the noise level be if three such machines started simultaneously next to each other?
4. A string has a fundamental frequency of 294 Hz. then press down your finger on the string and it will be 25% shorter. What is the new frequency for the new basic tone that arise?
2. Relevant equations
3. The attempt at a solution
I tried to solve the 1st question and this is how far i came:
My solution: I started with Hooke’s law
f =-k * x
F =-k * x
-0.05 * 9.82 =-k * 0.04
0.491 = k * 0.04
0.491 / 0.04 =-k * 0.04 / 0.04
k = 0.491 / 0.04
k = -12.275