Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, conducting business worldwide. Chevron is involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. Chevron explores, produces and transports crude oil and natural gas; refines, markets and distributes transportation fuels and other energy products / manufactures and sells petrochemical products; generates power and produces geothermal energy; provides energy efficiency solutions; and develops the energy resources of the future, including biofuels.
Chevron, a leader and innovator in hydroprocessing technology, and CBI Lummus Technology, a leading international engineering company have combined resources to form Chevron Lummus Global (CLG). CLG offers complete engineering services including everything from conceptual studies to full engineering design packages. CLG is experienced as a licensor, a refiner, and a world-class engineering company and has a line of hydroprocessing technologies covering a full boiling range spectrum and catalyst systems.
For our office in The Hague we are looking for a
TECHNICAL SERVICE ENGINEER
Primary responsibilities are performing a variety of technical support work for hydrocracking, hydrotreating and lube hydroprocessing and residuum hydrotreating technologies. It involves providing technical service for existing business and preparation of technical proposals related to keeping business. It also requires onsite support for unit start-ups and review of operating safety procedures. It will require frequent travelling in the Europe, Middle East and Africa Region.
Technical Service Responsibilities
– Obtain and interpret operating data to monitor catalyst performance
– Plan and lead plant shutdown and start-up assistance, including catalyst loading, regeneration and sulfiding consultation.
– Stay close to the customer and lead effort to retain the catalyst business
– Participate in conceptual design studies in support of licensed unit re-vamp or de-bottlenecking
– Understand process design packages
– Run Pro Vision models to simulate the process to diagnose operating/equipment problems
– Generate process and analytical manuals
New Plant Startup Support
– Plan and lead new plant start-up assistance, including equipment process inspections catalyst loading, sulfiding, start-up and plant performance test runs
– Document start-up and work with the customer to manage their needs and expectations
Profile of the Technical Service Engineer
– A university degree in chemical engineering
– Technical and operating experience in supporting commercial hydrocracking units in refinery or as catalyst supplier
– Basic knowledge of process design tools such as Provision or similar process simulator
– Ability to design a variety of unit operations such as heat exchangers and distillation columns is a plus
– Basic understanding of how equipment functions in the field and overall plant operation
– Knowledge of a broad variety of hydroprocessing specific equipment is a plus
– Good communicative skills and command of the English language in speech and in writing
– Ability to build strong and positive relationships with customers and team
– Enthusiastic, flexible team player
– Willingness to travel frequently
If you are interested in this function, please leave your resume and written motivation in English before September 12, 2011 on our online application form.
We do not appreciate acquisition of selection/media agencies, etc.