Reference code 00008868
Power your life
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to a more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
Vestas Technology RD is where new product ideas or technologies are matured, developed, tested and improved. Vestas Technology RD develops the wind turbines of the future.
Mechanical Systems develops the wind turbines of the future. The department is anchored in a central position in the organization, where the stakeholders are the top management of the company, and where the participants are located across Vestas Technology RD worldwide.
Are you motivated by having high impact on the future of a company that is shaping the future of modern energy? Are you looking for a very exiting and motivating job with contact to a broad part of Vestas? Then this might be the job for you.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• Investigate existing systems in a structured way in
order to develop the next solutions.
• Analyse the system according to safety, robustness,
quantitative reliability and functionality.
• Work in close co-operation with other System Engineers
across departments in order to find the correct solution
and meet the deliverables
• Deliverables are technical development, including all the
documents according to the Vestas Way to Market process.
• Define and participate in test and validation of system
Qualifications and Work Experience
• A M. Sc. Degree
• 5+ years of experience with hydraulics/mechanical
• Good technical understanding
• Good knowledge of hydraulic system behaviour
• Holistic System design skills (from mechanics and hydraulics
to control system)
• Simulating and calculation of hydraulic circuits expertise
• Data evaluation expertise
• Enthusiastic about practical work on tests and verification as
well as theoretical knowledge
• Fluency in English and good communication presentation skills
• Comfortable with change – unafraid to step out of comfort zone
• Pro-active in communicating across functions and cultures
• Thirst for knowledge, structured, self-motivated, open minded,
• Should be willing to travel abroad
Not a requirement, but will be an advantage:
• Six Sigma–DMAIC/DFSS
• Experience in ERP System (examples: Mapics, ECM, SAP)
• Project management experience
What we offer
We offer a job in a project-oriented organisation with excellent opportunities for cross-disciplinary and personal development, where the emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will also be joining a group working at a high professional level and with a high level of commitment.
Primary work location is Arhus, Denmark the biggest RD centre for Wind Turbines in the industry.
Due to significant and increasing global representation travel activity is to be expected.
For additional information about the position please contact Manager, Pitch Systems Per Olav Espegren, +45 2257 8117
16 Sep 2011