Reference code 00008959
Power your life
Vestas offers you challenging career opportunities within a global organisation. As the world’s leading supplier of wind power solutions, we have delivered more than 40,000 wind turbines in 65 countries. Over 20,000 employees are eager to welcome new, dedicated colleagues on our journey to more sustainable future. Would you like to join us?
Plant Data Analytics enable customers to increase their returns, and reduce the costs and risks associated with operating wind power plants, by helping them optimise the design, operation and maintenance of their wind power plant, through realising value from plant data.
In recent years Vestas has established a powerful remote monitoring capability, collecting data from more than 20,000 turbines worldwide. This data is analysed within Plant Data Analytics and the insights generated here are used across the business to manage maintenance and increase the reliability and availability of the wind power plants.
Plant Data Analytics works in close relationship with Vestas Global Research as well as with the Vestas Sales Business Units on transforming innovative technologies and concepts into new products and service offerings.
Responsibilities and Tasks
· You are part of a global effort in Vestas to develop tools for our customers and service organisation based on operational data from the turbines to improve the turbine performance and the maintenance strategy.
You will primarily be working with:
· Analysing turbine data and develop algorithms to calculate turbine performance indicators and risks of turbine stops.
· Integrating external software products into the Plant Data Analytics tool set.
· Developing software solutions for optimization of the Vestas service business.
Qualifications and Work Experience
You hold a PhD or Master Degree within Mathematics, Physics or Engineering from an accredited university or college and you have been among the top 5% within your class. Ideally you will have the following experiences:
· 5 Years of experience with data analysis, database development or software development from a university or from a similar position.
· Programming skills preferably with TSQL.
· Project management experience.
· Experience from developing commercial software.
· Excellent skills in English – oral and written.
You are open minded and innovative, have a high level of drive and a capability to maintain a result and quality oriented profile. You work systematic and analytically and you are a team player that likes knowledge sharing.
What we offer
We offer you a job in a truly global and fast moving organisation with excellent opportunities for cross disciplinary and personal development. Emphasis is placed on the right balance between creativity and quality in all aspects. You will benefit from an environment working at a high professional level and with a strong technical commitment.
Primary work location: DK, Aarhus. The position requires approximately 5% travel
For additional information on the position, please contact Rasmus Tarp Vinther in Aarhus DK at +45 9730 7117 or +45 4163 7856
7 October 2011