Our client is a multinational company with plants and facilities in several countries. In order to strengthen their Operations, they have appointed us with the Research Selection of
Manufacturing Process Engineers
Machining, Fabrication, Welding, Painting – Emilia
Reporting to the International Industrial Coordination Manager, the Manufacturing Process Engineers are responsible for providing technical and operational support to the plants for equipment installations and product industrialization as well as for coordinating industrial projects of the European and non European plants.
Main duties and tasks:
· Provide technical and operational support to the plants for equipment and plant installations, including the evaluation of potential suppliers and the validation of technical specifications, capacity constraints, machines utilization/OEE, labor requirements, running costs, process quality.
· Liaise with Product Platforms and Engineering for the definition of the manufacturing requirements for new products/new plants introduction.
· Develop feasibility studies and project plans (specification, investment, timing, resources, M/B and source study, cost analysis, layouts) to be presented for management approval.
· Work together with dedicated resources (internal and external) necessary for project definition, development and implementation, with direct responsibility in achieving the milestones (Initiation, Approval, Completion).
· Direct follow-up in the actual on-site implementation of the approved projects to ensure committed targets in terms of cost, timing, overall investments and expected performances.
· Promote and support assigned International Region Plants in the implementation of performance improvements actions (machines utilization/OEE, bottleneck elimination, machine and labor efficiency), manufacturing standards and WCM.
· Act as Industrial Coordination liaison for assigned Plants/JVs/Countries.
Successful candidates have a degree in mechanical Engineering or equivalent background and have consolidated a 3 to 5 years experience in the role working at complex manufacturing plants.
Knowledge of manufacturing processes (machining, metal cutting processes, assembly, fabrication, welding, painting) and of WCM principles or equivalent (TPS, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen) is essential, as well as sound command of the English language, international mobility, autonomy, ability manage complex projects respecting and understanding different business cultures, readiness to learn and develop new technical aspects, promoting innovation and continuous improvement.
The position is based in Emilia but the willingness to travel extensively is mandatory.
All interested parties, of either sex, can access our website www.mercuriurval.it for full information on the handling of personal data (ex art 13 dlgs 196/2003). Send your CV in English, including current remuneration, the ref. IT11.5675 and the authorization to handle your personal data, applying on line or by mail to: Mercuri Urval, Via Turati 29, 20121 Milano, Italy.
Aut. Min. 13/I/0015037