In the case of a computer disaster, disk partitioning software is a godsend. Potential nightmares can easily be remedied with a little effort. System recovery from a crashed computer can easily be recovered by protecting your important data with disk partitioning software.
But what is Disk Partitioning?
Disk partitioning is when the space on the hard drive is separated into individual areas, known as partitions. It is mostly done when the hard drive is first set up for first time use. Different files and directories are then stored in all the different partitions.
This way, more control is gained over the storage space on your hard drive. Certain changes in the operating system may result a need for creating new partitions, resizing certain partitions, or even un-deleting previous deleted partitions, by the computer administrator.
It sounds difficult, but partition software, like those offered by EaseUS, makes it a breeze. You can easily create, delete and resize partitions.
A picture is taken of your hard drive by partitioning software, so that in case of a crash, systems can be restored to the same state as when you partitioned it, making it very useful in system recovery.
Benefits of using disk partitioning software to create partitions
- Operating system and program files are backed up by images
- User files are separated from operating system and program files
- Frequently used programs and data are kept close to each other
- Cache and log files are kept separate from other files
- More than one operating system can be run on one computer
- Files can be isolated and protected in different partitions
- Enhances computer performance
Normally the need for disk partitioning is only realised when it’s too late, especially after a computer crash. Prevention is better than cure.
But with so many disk partitioning software on the internet, which is best to use?
Almost any disk partitioning software can be used, and even outsourced to your nearest IT help, but one disk software partitioning service rises above the others, namely the partition tool from EaseUS. With more than thirty million users, and partition software windows 10 compatible, no wonder it is one of the best. And the best part? It’s free to download for home users.
Features of EaseUS Partition Master Free.
- Resize/Move partitions without data loss, like extending NTFS system partition without reboot to maximize PC performance.
- Safely merge two adjacent partitions into a bigger one without data loss.
- Convert FAT to NTFS file system.
- Copy entire hard disk to another without Windows reinstallation.
- Partition Recovery Wizard allows you to recover deleted or lost partitions from unallocated space.
- Convert primary partition to logical partition and vice versa: convert a primary volume to logical to create a fifth volume on a disk with 4 existed primary volumes.
- Convert MBR to GPT disk, and convert GPT to MBR disk without data loss.
- Wipe disk or wipe partition to permanently wipe sensitive data on disk.
- Support up to 8TB GPT disk.
- Support all hardware RAID, removable storage device, hard disk, GPT disk and FAT/NTFS/EXT2/EXT3 file system.
There is no excuse for losing data after reading this article. Start partitioning your hard drive before it’s too late.