Working at Osiatis
As a successful international IT company that is constantly growing we wish
to fill the following vacancies.
Osiatis offers challenging and interesting
professional positions. Therefore we are always looking forward to receive your application!
Contact us simply by e-mail and send us your CV and your letter of application.
For our offices in Belgium, we are looking for a:
Please click a job description to view all details.
Application Support Engineer
(Back to all jobs)
The support engineer will be part of the application support team. That team is in charge of the maintenance of
the applications controlling a production cycle in an industrial environment. These applications are critical to
the production cycle and a break down may cause important problems. He will be in charge for the maintenance
(reactive and proactive) for different applications and will be on call two weeks per month.
During an initial phase (learning of the applications), the support engineer will:
- Acquire functional technical knowledge about applications under his responsibility
- Update the documentation about the applications under his responsibility. Writing skills in English are therefore required
Besides day-to-day maintenance, the support engineer will also be involved in development projects or integrating new applications or systems.
We therefore look for somebody creative, flexible, autonomous and stress resistant as well as structured in his approach.
- Good functional analytical skills
- Experience in industrial or production related IT (PLC, scanner, industrial PCs, …) is a plus
- Bilingual French/Dutch with spoken and written English
- German knowledge is a plus
- Unix, Linux (shell)
- Development: C/C++, VB, Java
- Databases: SQL (Oracle/DB2)
- General knowledge in networks and communication protocols
- Knowledge of ITIL and experience with project management methodologies is a plus
- Knowledge of configuration management is a plus (CVS, SVN, Source Safe)
- Communication minded
- Problem solver
- Stress resistant
- Team player
- After the learning phase, the support engineer will be on duty 2 weeks/month for the application under his responsibility